Friday, January 31, 2020

Most Days





"Most Days"

Most days I am able to harness some hope and strength 
Others, it is elusive and hard to find 

My weariness is enveloping

If the Coronavirus came round here
would I last days, or hours?

It's what's hard to hang onto ... humanity ... my own humanity

It takes so much of my life force to stand up and walk even a few steps

I love greeting people, smiling at them, talking with them, feeling their inspiration and strength that they take from me that helps ease the steps of their own path

Much of the time I feel like I'll just fall over 
and just not get up
like a dying horse 

Then I talk with someone, and gain strength from the exchange of kindnesses between us

Sometimes water just leaks from my eyes, like rain trying to soften the hardened cracked earth of the desert

The night is long and dark

 Today I ate a sausage mcmuffin with egg   
 and 2 boston creme donuts, a small milk and small coffee

The fatigue in the eyes of the young, old before her time, McDonald's girl, 
washed over me ... 

I smiled. She smiled

"Livin the dream" I whispered.
"Livin the dream," she softly volleyed

 She had hours to go, sitting in that window.
 I returned to my parking lot, my soul full

zjm
1/29/20