Saturday, August 10, 2019

Exhale

Beautiful sunrise with cool low humidity air greeting my morning. 

Left my parking lot and stopped at McDonalds to get coffee and a sausage sandwich. Talked with a young man about to end his 10 hour shift, go grocery shopping, then home to his 2 and a half, and 1 and a half year old kids, spend some time with them, and his wife, before trying to sleep this afternoon to ready himself for work tonight. 

He was full of optimism laced with fatigue ... 

I am in front of the Y, getting mentally and physically ready to make my way to the pool to swim and work out this body that battles me constantly ... 

Thinking of my daughter Megan ...  my grandkids Emilio ... Camilo ... and Neali, asleep far away on another coast ...

All of us
Tired
Resting
Getting ready 
Hunting for cagey optimism 
To live another day

Exhale ...

~ zjm

10/8/19